Monday, February 16, 2009

Busy Bees

Wow, things are busy at our house! I guess that is what happens when you have 5 kids. And then throw in work, school, activities, and redecorating, and it just gets insane! I am having so much fun redecorating. It is coming along slow, since it is pretty much impossible to paint and stuff with 3 toddlers around, and they don't all nap at the same time. Since I have school until 10 at night, that really only leaves me with the weekends to do it. But I can't wait to get it done. I have so many fun things to do, I can't wait to see the finished product. Here are a couple of pictures of the family room repainting project.


The starting color was a mossy green, and I decided that I really needed to brighten the house up. So now we have one accent wall of a cool, bright green, and the rest of the room will be that pale yellow that is on the left wall. The green wall will be covered in family pictures. That green looks awesome with the plant shelf items I got. I am most excited about the kitchen. It is going to look so completely different, I can't wait to get it done and post before and after pictures. There are several things that I have been wanting to do in there for a long time, that I am now finally going to do. Molding, hardware, countertops, a backsplash, I can't wait!

Scott has been super busy with work. He is just a natural at his job. It was so scary when he was leaving the fire department because he loved it so much and he was so good at it. But he is the type of guy who is good at everything he does. He is the most selfless man, I love him so much. For him to leave a job that he loved so much in order to be home with his family more and provide a better financial future for us is just amazing.

The kiddos are also doing great. Macey joined the Science Club at school, and she comes home every week with some really cool and fun experiments for us to try at home. She is being tested for the gifted program at school, she is so bored in all of her classes because she is so advanced. The other day my dad asked her how school was, and she said, "Well, it's good. But it's kind-of a waste of my life right now because I already know everything." HAHAHA! Her teacher has her do extra research projects and tutoring to challenge her and keep her from being too bored. Heidi is loving her class, and is definitely the princess, so her teacher's say. I cannot believe that she is going to be in Kindergarten next year. I am really having a hard time with that, she was my baby for so long. Of course, she can't wait and asks me everyday when she is going to be going to Macey's school. Ryan, Jenna, and Marley are the same cute little stinkers as always. I love that they are more verbal now, and that they can follow directions! Ryan and Jenna are just so in love with each other; they definitely have that twin bond. It is really neat to watch. Marley is a feisty little thing! She has already perfected the "dirty look", but then the next minute she is loving on you. Definitely a 2-year-old.





"The Look"

Spaghetti Face Jenna

Spaghetti Face Ryan

Ryan climbed on the table and got hold of Heidi's Outback Steakhouse leftovers.

Little Mama

Sometimes I feel like I live in a Nudist Colony. The kids always seem to be naked!

3 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

What a great post! Macey is hilarious! The redecorating looks great! Can't wait to see it all done.
Damiane'

Chelsea said...

i smiled through your whole post but the naked comment at the end made me laugh. at least little kids' bums are so darn cute!

Momma Dianna said...

I don't know how you do it all...you are amazing! And I love baby bums!