Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands

Photobucket

This book is amazing! I have read and re-read this book so many times. I really think that every married woman should read this book, whether you need some marital help, or if your marriage is in great condition. It serves as a great reminder for how to respect and really love your husband.

It's written by Dr. Laura Schlessinger, and basically, it tells women how to get the happiness that they want out of a marriage by using the power that they don't realize they have. Women have more power than they realize in their marriages, but that power needs to be used the right way. One line from that book that pretty much sums the whole book up is "A good man is hard to find, not to keep."

It really is an awesome book, I just wanted to share it with all you ladies!

3 comments:

The Gerard Family said...

We finished our bible study with "Love and Respect" and a workbook by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs and it was really good also. Glad you enjoyed it and would love to borrow it. Thanks

Anonymous said...

So funny...that's the book my book club is reading next month. Now that I know it is highly recommended I'm looking forward to reading it even more!

Unknown said...

Matt and I used to listen to her when we took road trips in college. I am going to have to find it.