Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yummy!

Since we have been trying to eat healthier and get rid of all the junk in our house, we have been trying a lot of new and interesting recipes. I had to share our recipe from tonight because it was so good! It was ahi tuna steaks marinated in 3/4 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, 1 clove of crushed garlic for each tuna, salt and pepper. Then you grill it for 4 minutes on each side. Now, I am definitely not a fish person, but tuna is really mild. This fish was amazing!

If anyone has any delicious and healthy recipes they would like to share, I would love to get them!

4 comments:

The Gerard Family said...

Sounds good, I hate seafood but I will trust you on this one!! HAH HAH. Thanks again for helping me out today.

Caryn said...

Shelley, your kids are so cute! I agree any mother of multiples deserves a medal. Luckily that's not a medal I have though! You are still as beautiful as you were back in the good ol' Poston Panther Days!

Chelsea said...

The other night I made cayenne chicken w/ avocado salsa. You braise chicken tenderloins in a pan with some olive oil. Season the chicken with S&P and cayenne pepper. [I didn't have cayenne, so I actually combined chili powder and seasoned salt.] For the salsa, you chop up some red onion, an avocado and put some lime juice over it. Serve the salsa over the chicken. So easy and so yummy. I served fruit salad with it.

If you want more easy recipes that are healthy, you should check out everyday food mag. Seriously, their magazines are a staple in my kitchen. I cook from them at least a couple times a week. You can also get all the recipes online.

Megan said...

Mmmm! That sounds awesome. I usually only eat salmon, but tuna isn't too bad! I'm gonna have to try it!

Went to the doc today and she thinks I might be carrying a big baby. I'm gonna get an ultrasound on Tuesday to see what's goin on in there. Could be anytime now! Soon I hope!! =)