Thursday, February 28, 2008

Addiction

I never thought that I would be one of "those" people. You hear about it all the time, but you never picture yourself in that situation. All it took was one time, and I can't stop. Everyone told me to do it, and at first I resisted, but the peer pressure was just too strong. I don't know what I am going to do. It is getting hard to hide the addiction from Scott and the kids. Actually, it was Scott who pressured me into doing it in the first place. He said it would be fun to do it together. They say that admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Well, here I go:

Hi, my name is Shelley, and I am addicted to Guitar Hero.

Oh. My. Gosh. Why can I not stop playing?! Why is watching colored dots come toward you and pressing buttons so freaking fun?! I have never been a video game person (well, okay, maybe when Nintendo first came out and Summer, Lisa, and I would stay up all night long playing Super Mario Brothers and Contra). But every free minute I have, I am wailing on my guitar! Macey and Heidi love it too, so we let them play 30 minutes each day. But when the kids go to bed, Scott and I stay up so late playing this ridiculous but fabulous game until our hands cramp up. I beat medium level a couple of days ago, so now it's on to hard level!

Well, the twins are sleeping, I gotta go feed my addiction!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

You are so funny! As I read that, I thought of myself. I think I am addicted to blogging! I have never played Guitar Hero, Andy has it though, maybe I will give it a shot! Although, from the sounds of it, I may not have any time to blog anymore if I try it!

The Farnsworth Family said...

You crack me up! Love guitar hero, but my true addiction is rock band. Don't try it ... it will officially take over your life!

jtguttman said...

That's why you haven't been on Twinstuff! :) That's my addiction...and you can do it w/ a baby on your lap!