Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An End In Sight

DISCLAIMER: I talk about periods and my uterus in this post. If either of those topics bother you, read no further. Otherwise, carry on.

For those of you who don't know, I have had horrible female problems for quite some time. For a whole year before I got pregnant with the twins, I would be on my period for about 3 weeks out of every month. I was hoping that once I had the twins, my body would "reset" itself and I wouldn't have to deal with that stuff anymore. No such luck. I have pretty much been bleeding since the twins were born seven months ago. And I am always in pain. Some days it is so hard for me to get out of bed to take care of the kids. My doctor and I have tried so many different things. I have done several types of birth control, continuous birth control to try to skip periods, I had an endometrial biopsy in December (horrible experience), and I had a tubal occlusion surgery in January. Nothing has helped. So my doctor decided that it is just time to retire my uterus, and I will be having a hysterectomy. My uterus has had a rough ride, and I think that it is telling me that it is too tired to go on. I am nervous but I am so excited to be done with all this pain and bleeding. It affects every aspect of my life. The big day is April 2nd, so 3 weeks from today.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My Grandpa passed away yesterday at 12:49 with his four sons and wife by his side. I am flying up to Idaho on Friday for the funeral. I miss my Grandpa so much, but I know that he is having the time of his life free from pain and suffering. I love you Grandpa!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

yippee skippee!! So long uterus!! Btw, I am GREEN with envy!

Mandy said...

I will be in AZ, do you need any help with kids or meals?? Let me know!!