Thursday, March 13, 2008

When It Rains It Pours-RSVx2

Photobucket

Photobucket

God must think I am really strong, because he has just been throwing things at me left and right. First it was the news of my Grandpa's stroke, then it was the news of my hysterectomy, then my Grandpa died, and now the twins both have RSV. (I know I am complaining, but it's my blog and I can cry if I want to.)

We made it through almost the whole RSV season, but it got us at the very end. Since the twins were premie, they qualified for monthly injections called Synagis that help their little bodies build up antibodies towards RSV, so that if they get it, they won't be as sick. Those shots cost $1500 each, and they each get one a month from October to March or April, depending on many cases of RSV the CDC records. I hate to even imagine how sick the twins would be if they had not received the Synagis.

Ryan and Jenna have been pretty stuffy and coughing for the last few days, but this morning Jenna started wheezing pretty bad, so I took her to the doctor. By the time we got there, she was wheezing really really bad and retracting horribly. She was having the hardest time breathing, it was heartbreaking. So they gave her a breathing treatment and said to watch her real close, and if she gets worse, they will most likely admit her to the hospital. Ryan has a more mild case right now, but it could get worse.

On a much happier note, I am 2 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight. Don't hate; I earned it.

3 comments:

Otter Family said...

Poor babies. I know exactly how you feel but you have it two times. When Blake was 2 months old he got RSV and was hospitalized for 5 days. It is scary and comes on quick. If you need anything let us know. Also I am sorry to hear about your grandpa and your female problems. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Chelsea said...

Congrats on reaching your postpartum weight minus 2. I'd be a hater if I didn't know firsthand how difficult it is to get all the baby weight off.

Arjun and Indira said...

Shelley, I got your link from Megan's blog and decided to read up a bit. I am sorry about your grandpa. Mine passed the end of December so it is still fresh. I am sorry the babies are sick. My twins had a cold but not RSV. And your hysterectomy on top of all that. You are strong and good luck with everything.

Damiane'