Tuesday, December 30, 2008

E-I-E-I-O

Scott and the girls decided that they wanted to grow a vegetable garden, and a rather large one at that. My Uncle Robin is a gardener and has a really neat garden, so Scott called him to get some advice. Robin gave Scott another great idea: Why not have fresh eggs every morning as well? Twelve hours later, there is a huge chicken coop and 6 baby chicks in our back yard. All five kids are in heaven! Macey and Heidi are out there with them all day, and the babies love the chicks, too. The chickens should be laying eggs in a few months. Fresh eggs anyone?










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, those photos are soo adorable.

Arjun and Indira said...

They look like chicken holding pros!!!! So adorable! I honestly can say, I don't know how you guys do it all but you really do!
Damiane'

Jen Shumway said...

I had to do it asap so I didn't forget your email. Cute blog. I will check in often.

Cari said...

I love that you have chickens! Can't wait to hear about when the eggs start coming!

Mandy said...

I am so jealous! I would LOVE to have chickens and fresh eggs . . . not in the cards for our immediate future though! Once this snow melts up here, we are planning on doing a garden as well, good times! Oh, and I know what you mean about living on a farm, I have often thought that I was born in the wrong century because I would have loved living on a farm. Then I remember things like indoor plumbing, and I am glad I was born when I was!! I guess there are still farms out there though . . . maybe someday!! :-)