Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Almost done!


I am almost done with school! Hallelujah! As much as I have enjoyed it, I am ready to be done, take my state boards, and start working a couple days a week. I have about 5 weeks left, which I'm sure will fly by, just like the last 9 months have. We are doing some really fun stuff right now, things that made me interested in Aesthetics in the first place. I am taking my laser class, which includes laser hair removal, photo facials, fractional laser, etc. I am also in a clinical aesthetics class, where we are learning epidermal leveling, LamProbe, and injectables. Yesterday I did an "Epi-Plus" on my friend Erin, which is an epidermal leveling followed by a pomegranate peel. Her skin looked so incredibly amazing, it was wonderful! Today I am getting an Epi-Plus, and I can't wait. It's like Christmas Eve. What epidermal leveling is is basically removing the top layer of the skin (the disjunctum) with a razor blade. Sounds crazy, huh?! The results are awesome, and believe it or not, there is no pain with the treatment (unless of course you do a peel). Part of the cost for our laser class includes getting 3 areas done. So last night I got my first underarm laser treatment. I am also going to do bikini and legs. There are only 2 other girls in my laser class (that is what the above picture is from), so we get to let loose a little bit and just have a blast (no pun intended). I LOVE what I do!!

1 comments:

Mandy said...

That's so cool! I would LOVE to have laser hair removal done!! Someday . . . when I find that money tree I have been searching for! :)