Friday, March 20, 2009

Drive It Til The Wheels Fall Off

About a year ago Scott decided that it would be fun to buy an old Turbo-diesel Mercedes. I'm still not sure what he liked about those cars, but I have never liked it. I'm sure that it was fast in it's day, but it's days are long past. I have always hated driving it, but it was nice to not have a car payment on it. It had a brand new motor, so it drove well and the A/C worked. Scott said we would just "drive it til the wheels fell off". Well, I drove it until something fell off, but it wasn't the wheels. On Wednesday I was driving down the freeway on my way to school, going about 70 in the left lane, when all of a sudden I heard a really loud noise, followed by a horrible scraping sound. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw smoke and sparks flying out everywhere. So I got off at the next exit and pulled into a parking lot, got out of the car, and saw that the whole muffler and both tailpipes had broke loose and were just dragging on the ground! So I called Scott and he came and picked me up and took me to school. "Okay Scott, you had your fun, now I want something that I can drive without worrying if I am going to burst into flames!" I said. We had been talking about getting a new car for a couple of weeks, so this wasn't a horrible loss to me :). I'm just glad that the car didn't catch on fire and that I was able to get off the freeway right away. Can you imagine driving behind someone on the freeway and all of a sudden the bottom of their car falls off?! It was pretty comical, more so now then it was at the time. We kept going back and forth about what car we wanted to get, and I was getting pretty frustrated with Scott because he kept changing his mind. Little did I know that he already knew what he was going to get me, and he was just terrorizing me on purpose. When I pulled up to my house coming home from school last night, I was super surprised to see a shiny Jaguar in my driveway!! Scott was standing there too, just laughing at me because I had just lectured him on the phone 10 minutes earlier to make up his mind because he was driving me crazy. Anyone who knows Scott knows that he likes to tease me, but I'm just glad that he made up for it this time. :)

4 comments:

Momma Dianna said...

Wow...what a great hubby and an awesome car! When they want to, they sure can divvy out some great surprises! Nice early grad present for ya! That's pretty darn scary that you were the driver when your other car decided to shake off some of its load...I would have been freaked!

Caryn said...

WOW! That is awesome!

Hey By the way, did you hear Kristie Crockett is getting twins this summer? I am sure she could use the advice of a multiple Mom. I think they are getting a boy and a girl! Crazy huh?

Wooden's said...

I wanna see a pic of you in your new ride!!

Mandy said...

Wow, I would have DIED if that happened to me while I was driving!! (I can barely survive a flat!!)

What a nice surprise though! I also want to see a picture! :)