Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olympics!

I have been obsessed with the Olympics this year! We DVR every broadcast, and then watch them over and over. Michael Phelps is amazing, and I think that Shawn Johnson is just the cutest little thing ever. I am so glad that she finally beat Nastia and got the Gold on the beam. Heidi is really into the women's synchronized diving, and Macey is excited about the synchronized swimming. And for obvious reasons, we are all enthralled with gymnastics. I was really upset when Alicia Sacramone got completely ripped off by the judges when they scored Cheng Fei higher even after she fell and made multiple mistakes. Alicia deserved that medal, she got robbed. Hopefully we will see her in 2012.

Speaking of gymnastics, Macey and Heidi are in a program now at their gym called TOPS that will prepare them to be at competition level at age 7-8 and Elite level (what you see on TV) by age 12. They are doing so well, I love that they get into it so much. We just want to be sure to keep it fun for them so that they don't get burnt out.

Ryan and Jenna are growing up a little more every day. It is so fun to see them play and interact with each other. Jenna is doing awesome with sign language. She signs milk, more, all done, eat, cracker, bath, and a couple more that I can't think of right now. She mimics everything I say, and she is saying a whole bunch of words. She is also quite the little dancer. Whenever any music comes on, she starts shaking her booty. It's so precious. Ryan is going to be walking soon. He can take steps, but he would rather just be carried around all day. He is a little monkey boy. He wraps his arms and legs around you and won't let go, and he climbs on everything. I am so excited for them to start walking (yes, I said it). It will be so cute to see 2 little diaper tushies running around together.


School is still awesome. We are learning full treatments now, and I must say that my skin is looking pretty good! Getting 3-4 facial treatments a week is fabulous. We are going to be learning waxing next, and I can't wait.
Here's me giving Sharon the Professional Facial Treatment:

Bonnie, Chakeia, and Ms. Sutton:

Samantha:

Donna:

Thanks to everyone who gave their input on puppy names. Samson was my idea and my favorite pick, but Scott and the girls really like Jake, so Jake it is. It's a good name for him, and I like to call him Big Jake or Jakey. He is so sweet, I love him so much! I went shopping the other night and spoiled him a little with dog beds, treats, and toys. He was a good boy that day, he deserved it. His brothers are doing good, I have been emailing with the families that adopted them. They are going to bring them over sometime for a puppy playdate, it will be fun!

2 comments:

Momma Dianna said...

I hear ya about the Olympics! I have been glued to it too! I'm sad it's done this weekend. Gymnastics and Michael Phelps have definitely been my fav's too. I agree that the judging has totally been in the Chinese favor. What's up with that? Who cares if its their home turf. Let's be fair here. The USA rocks!

Arjun and Indira said...

That is so awesome that Heidi and Macey like their extra activity. It is fun to see the twins walk but gets harder when you are out and they want to walk there too! Can I come over for a facial..I need one. Ouch on the waxing but yeah on laser!
Damiane'