Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Skin Care Tip of the Week

It takes 90 days for a blemish to reach the surface of the skin, and another 90 days for it to heal if it has been "picked" at. When you pick or pop your blemishes, it causes infection to infiltrate the surrounding tissues, and your body treats it as it does any other wound. Picking your blemishes can also cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, which is a dark that is hard to get rid of. So don't pick your face! If you have blemishes that you just cannot keep your hands off of, see an esthetician (ME!!!) who can extract them the correct way without causing infection.

I am having so much fun doing treatments on my friends and family! If you are unsure that you want to come in for facial treatments, keep in mind that I can also do airbrush tanning, eyelash perming, eyelash and eyebrow tinting, back treatments, make-up application, and waxing. There are tons of fun options, and I know that a lot of you ladies deserve to be pampered. Email (sajacobs1@cox.net) or call me if you want more info.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just take a weekend break in Vermont. Right now is the time to come and see the foliage. I got room for an extra. : ) Then you can pamper me all day and night with your expertize.