Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm So Excited!!!!

I have been working towards getting into Nursing school for a long time. I finished all of my prerequisites and was on the waiting list for 2 years before finally being accepted. Well, of course I got accepted just a few months after the twins were born, and I was supposed to start in March. For obvious reasons I had to withdraw, but I put myself back on the list so that in 2 more years when I got accepted again the twins would be older and it would be a little bit easier to go to school. Well, I got to thinking a while back that the reason I was still wanting to go to Nursing school was because I had worked so hard for so long, but my heart really wasn't in it anymore. I wanted to work in the NICU, but after our NICU experience with the twins, I realized that it would be too emotional for me to see babies that didn't do as well as mine did. I also realized that I don't really want a full-time career, I just want something that I can call my own and have a ton of fun doing a couple of days a week. Well, I have always been obsessed with skin care and make-up, and I even enrolled for an Aesthetics program several years ago, but it was when we owned the tanning salon and things were just way too crazy to add something else to the mix. So I decided that now is the time! Last night I went and completed all of my enrollment paperwork for the Aesthetics program at Kar-Che' Institute, and school starts June 24th. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! The program includes all kinds of facials, tons of different product knowledge, facial massage, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, airbrush tanning, make-up application, waxing, laser hair removal, and tons more. They also have a new medical aesthetics class that includes injectables and cellulite treatments and stuff like that. I told Scott that I am so excited for him and I to have perfect skin!

For all of you who live in AZ, I am going to need guinea pigs! I will need people to come get treatments while I am in school, and I need case studies, where you come in once a week for different treatments. If you are a case study, you get 75% off treatments, so you would get things such as microdermabrasion and peels for $25! Let me know if you are interested!

Also, I might need a babysitter every now and then when Scott is away on business or hunting. I know for sure of 2 week long hunts that he will be gone for. If anyone knows of a good reliable babysitter that could handle my 4 kids, I would love some referrals. I'm really paranoid about babysitters, so I only want the best. My class is in the evenings, and I would be home around 10:30 at night. Please let me know if you have a great babysitter!

8 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

That is great news! I hope you really enjoy it. Doing something you love makes working seem like a breaze!

GL

Damiane'

Cari said...

Congrats and god luck! As a nurse, I'd say you made the right decision to skip nursing school! Can't wait to come out there for beauty treatments a la Shelley!

Unknown said...

Hey girl, thanks posting on my blog.Good to here from you and to see your life is as crazy as mine. My sister has twins, so I know what your life is like right now. Have fun going back to school, I went to beauty school 8 years ago and loved it. Take care, Jaime

Lisa said...

You know I am so in as a case study!

Anonymous said...

Okay, count me in. Vermont is only next door and I would love to babysit my great nieces and nephew. My boys would have a lot of fun with them.

Good luck in your new adventure.

Megan said...

Hey! Congrats! I'm excited for ya! Also, I can help you out once in a while with the kids.. It's scary to think about 4, or 5 kids! (If I had Addy too..) but your girls are great and if you need help once in a while I'd be happy to help!

Angie Giannotti said...

Hey Shelley, your kids are all beautiful!! Can't believe you only had two the last time we saw you guys!! Glad to hear you're recovering and doing so well. Good luck on your new endeavor!!

Mandy said...

Wow, that sounds like a ton of fun! Good luck with it all!

By the way, I am back in UT now. I am coming back at the first of June, let's plan something!!

(By the way, everytime I am looking at you blog, the girls see pictures of your twins and say, "That's us!" They think all pictures of baby twins are them! I have tried to explain it, one of these days they will get it!)