Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Is there a doctor in the house? (WARNING: MAJOR RANT!)

No, seriously. We just need an in-house doctor. This is getting ridiculous, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. Before I go into our new medical issues, here's a recap of our last 9 months.

August- Ryan and Jenna are born 2 months early by emergency c-section and are in the NICU for over 2 weeks.

November- Heidi gets diagnosed with a non-life-threatening congenital heart defect and two different heart murmurs.

December- Ryan spends several days at Phoenix Children's Hospital for seizure-like activity.

January- I have tubal occlusion surgery at the beginning of the month, and Heidi has epigastric hernia repair surgery at the end of the month.

March- My Grandpa dies and the twins get RSV.

April- I have a hysterectomy, and the twins get RSV again, and then adenovirus.

Now to the present. Surgery #5 belongs to Scott. He is having his labrum and rotator cuff repaired on May 23rd. That is not going to be a fun surgery for him. He will be in a sling for 6 weeks after that. And for the grand finale (hopefully) and surgery #6 in 9 months, Ryan has an inguinal hernia that has to be repaired. He has an appointment this Thursday with the surgeon.

It might sound like I am just whining and complaining in this post, and well, I am. I am so ready to be done with surgeries and illnesses and doctor's appointments. I feel like I have been very strong through everything that has been going on, but it is really starting to wear on me. I just can't imagine having to hand off my baby boy to the nurse and let them take him back to surgery. It was hard enough with Heidi, and she is four. We need a break from all of this. So please, if you remember, please pray that we can have a healthy and uneventful summer.

Thanks for reading my sob story. I will make sure that my next post is full of cute pictures and happiness. :)

6 comments:

Erika'sMommy said...

Shelley, I read your blog all the time through Damiane's blog. I am Heidi - Erika's Mommy. You are one STRONG chick! And I have admired you since I started reading your blog...I even bought the book you recomended! I know your faith is strong and we both know what they say - You are never given more than you can handle. You know God is always with you and he loves you. Hang in there and know you have a friend in NY that cares about you and your BEAUTIFUL family.
Heidi

Chelsea said...

geez. you've really had a ride the past while, haven't you? i feel like we're at the doctor a lot, too, but i can imagine that with adding preemie twins to the mix you really pay your dues. thank god for insurance, eh. hang in there.

Arjun and Indira said...

Shelley, Wow, that really is alot to go through. A true test of how much you can handle. I hope that you can find strength in your children's love. That innocence can cure many things we as adults don't see. I really am praying and wishing all a speedy recovery and an uneventful medical summer!

Damiane'

Lisa said...

Shelley!!! I know I already know all this, but to see the timeline reminds me of all the poo you have had lately!!!! DANGIT DUKE! This summer has GOT to be easier!

Anonymous said...

May the force be with you and the light of the end of the dark dreary tunnel be very bright with calm and peace REAL SOON!!!

: )

Love ya

bkbills said...

Everyone is entitled to a rant now and then! Geez! What a year! I hope things have been better this month!