Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pets On Parade

I love having pets. Anything that is cute and small and needs to be taken care of just melts my heart (that's why God let me be a twin mommy and a mommy to four kids). If I had my way, I would have a house full of animals. Goats, pigs, bunnies, cats, dogs, mice, monkeys, you name it, I want it. Scott, on the other hand, does not share my love of small furry and scaly creatures. But being the sweet husband that he is, he compromised, and I have several sweet little pets. Here they are, in order from largest to smallest:

Zoe, a 2-year-old Havachon (Bichon Frise/Havanese mix):


Carly, a 1-year-old Jack Russel Terrier:


Chocolate and Uniqua, our little mice:


We also have a Betta fish named Lava Girl. Sadly, Roxy the Betta fish passed away earlier this week, so we had a little fishy funeral.

Having pets is not only fun for me, but the kids love it, too. It has also been a great and fun way to teach them responsibility. Scott has put me on a 3 year hiatus from pets. I'm not even allowed to ask for a pet during that time! It's okay though, that just gives me more time to decide what I want next...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You crazy girl! So funny how much of an animal lover you are, it always makes me laugh when I get a phone call that says "Hey Lisa, guess what I got?" Unless it is a holiday where I would guess that you got jewelry or something, I always know it is a pet!! Funny how you go in to a pet store looking for frogs, and come home with mice!

Cari said...

Yuck! I'm with Scott on the pet hating but he's much nicer than me because I would never compromise and allow pets in my house. I guess I can blame my parents depriving me from pets during my young and formative years but I just can't stand the mess, the smell, the licks, the hair, the hassle. BTW Lisa will you allow me to view your blog pretty pretty please?!?!

Arjun and Indira said...

I LOVE animals too! I worked as a vet tech for 10 yrs. So hard not to bring them all home. I am so glad someone else had mice! I had a rat and everyone looked at me like I was crazy but he was the best pet I ever had. Your little dogs are so cute!

Damiane'

Chelsea said...

uniqua, huh? so who's the backyardigans fan?