Friday, May 23, 2008

Waiting...

Right now I am sitting in the waiting room at Scottsdale Shea Hospital while Scott is in surgery. It has been a long day already! We didn't get in bed until after midnight because we were assembling my new bike (I'm so excited about it, but more on that later), and then we had to leave the house at 4:45 to get here by 5:30. So needless to say, I am pretty tired. Hopefully the surgery is going well, my poor sweetie.

Yesterday was one of those days where my heart was so full of love that I thought it might explode. You know those days, where you husband and your kids just melt your heart with everything they say and do. Days like that make all of the rough days worth it. I am so lucky to have Scott as my husband. He has made so many sacifices for me and our family, he is such an amazing man. So dedicated, loving, fun, happy, and caring. I honestly don't know how I got so lucky to have him in my life. My goal every day of my life is to let him know how much I love him and how much he means to me.

Macey is one of the sweetest and most caring children I have ever known. She is so sensitive to other peoples feelings. I love her silly little giggle, her hugs and all of her custom-made kisses that we have to do at bedtime every night. I love her creativity. Every time something is missing, it has most likely been turned into a craft or an invention by her. I love that she loves to read, she's my little reading buddy. I love that she watches The Ellen Degeneres Show, The Biggest Loser, and American Idol with me. She is the best big sister in the world, the best little helper, and I am so thankful that she made me a mommy.

Heidi is my snuggle-bug. It is non-stop hugs and kisses all day long. She tells me that she loves me at least 10 times every day. She loves to play dress-up, and always has on a princess dress and high heels, or a leotard with high heels. She loves to help me cook and bake, and she loves to help me feed the twins. I love that she likes to snuggle up to me and watch cartoons or read books. She has such a sassy little attitude, and you can't help but smile when she walks into the room. She has such a vivid imagination, she loves to role-play. We play games, My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop, and do puzzles together all the time.

Ryan is my little man. He looks at me like I am the sun, moon, and stars. I was so scared to have a little boy, I didn't know how to take care of one. But he has made it so easy to fall in love with him, I am so thrilled that he is my son. I love his little laughs, and I love that he is already into everything and getting everywhere- he is all boy already! He loves the dogs, and he will chase them around and steal their toys. He steals Jenna's toys, too. And he thinks that it is hilarious when he does it. He has the sweetest little spirit. I had no idea what I was missing out on without a little boy. You haven't lived until you get one of Ryan's little open-mouthed kisses.

If you want to feel loved, get Jenna out of her crib after her nap. She puts her little hands on your cheeks and smiles at you with the biggest, sweetest smile, like you just saved her life. Her chubby little cheeks and adorable dimples make you want to just kiss her face off. She is the snuggliest baby that I have had, and she will hug you and let you hold her for as long as you are willing. She loves to talk, and she lets you know when she needs something that you aren't giving her. She is always so happy and content, and she loves to sit on the floor and just watch her older sisters. She is so sweet, I am so lucky to have such happy babies.

Despite all of the crazy medical issues, I really do feel so blessed and that I am the luckiest woman in the world. Life is good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are making me jealous. : ) Hope the surgery goes well.

Arjun and Indira said...

Glad the sugery went well! This was such a beautiful post. One each child (and husband) will treasure FOREVER!
Damiane'

Lisa said...

Love this post!!! I really enjoyed reading it, and I was sitting here nodding in agreement the whole time!