Wednesday, July 23, 2008

American Girl Dolls

Macey and Heidi have absolutely fallen in love with American Girl dolls. I got my Samantha doll out for them to play with, and they have been obsessed with her. Macey decided that she wanted one of her own, so she has been saving her money like crazy. She has been doing chores around the house for money, and even pulled a tooth out so the Tooth Fairy would give her more money! Well, she finally saved $105 and bought her very own American Girls doll. She bought Emily, and it arrived in the mail today. We knew by tracking the package that it was going to be here today, so she literally hung out by the front window for about 4 hours waiting for the UPS truck! When it pulled up, I thought she was going to lose her mind! I love having little girls to share things with that I was really into when I was little. Heidi is saving for Mia, so hopefully she can get her soon.



5 comments:

Erika'sMommy said...

I love it!

Otter Family said...

Too cute!! Abby loves them also. She got the bitty baby twins a couple of years ago with the stroller and this last Christmas she got Nikki and her horse. Isn't it funny because I remember reading all the books when I was little. Congrats to Heidi on her first one. Now you will have to take them to Chicago to the store it is amazing!!

Chelsea said...

Emily? Mia? Man, I'm behind on American Girls! How fun that your girls are playing with the Samantha that you played with.

I've been to the store in Chicago. Insanity. There are also stores in LA and NYC.

Arjun and Indira said...

A coworker of mine use to get them for her little girls and I fell in love with them when she brought them to the office to show them off. I can't wait for Indira to start playing with dolls like that.
They got some really cute ones!
Damiane'

Cari said...

I totally saved for my Kirstin doll back when there were only 3 American Girl dolls. How fun to have such cute little girls!