Thursday, July 10, 2008

I love school!

I cannot believe how much fun I am having at school! It is everything I expected and more. I am so excited to go every night and see what we will learn that day. I am learning the most interesting things, and my instructor is so insanely knowledgeable, I don't think there is anything she doesn't know. I never realized how much everything about our bodies affects our skin. For example, I can tell you which ovary you have ovulated from by where your breakouts are located. And I can tell you where your conditions of acne will show up if you are having any respiratory or digestive problems. I am so happy that I will be able to help my kids when they are going through acne conditions as teenagers.

I am working hard to achieve my goal of being #1 in my class. I aced my first test yesterday on the anatomy and physiology of the skin, and I was also appointed team leader in my class. My instructor oversees my class and another class that is getting ready to graduate. That other class is on the treatment floor all the time performing services, so she has to spend a lot of time with them. When we are going to learn a new skill, she will teach the team leader how to do it, and then the team leader teaches the rest of the class while the instructor is supervising the other class. It is a lot of responsibilty, but it will help me learn better and it will show them that I am motivated and willing to be a responsible leader.

Last night was Christmas in July! We got our kits, and we were all so giddy. We inventoried all of our equipment and product, and we got tons of Dermalogica product to bring home and play with. I had a blast last night when I got home! I am already thinking about what products I want to use of specific people. I wish all of you lived close so that we could have big skin care parties!

The only problem with school is that it makes me never want to let my kids go outside into the sun! I am sure that I will be spending so much money on sunscreen now, especially in the Arizona summers. And to think that I used to own a tanning salon!!!

Scott's 30th birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I am going to take him to a really nice resort in Scottsdale for the weekend. It will be nice to get away with him and relax by the pool. He is such an awesome guy, I still can't believe sometimes how lucky I am. How many men would work 9 hours a day, and then come home so his wife can leave to go to school just for fun, and put four kids in bed, do the dishes, clean up the house, and then wait up for her to hear about how her night went? He is amazing. I am so blessed, my life is awesome!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

i hope you're not going to tell me that a breakout on the right side of my face has ANYTHING to do w/ ovulation. seriously.

reading about your excitement for school makes me want to enroll in an aesthetician program. plus i love freebies.

Lisa said...

Pick me, pick me!! I need your skills- fix my skin :)

Unknown said...

Oh my Shello, if you were any more adorable and amazing the powers that be might try to bottle you and sell you to the masses. It might behoove you and your fam to refrain from such freakin' cute bulletins that expose you as way more amazing than 99.738% of the humans on this planet. I adore you and I get to see you in approximately 12 hours!!!