Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that everyone had a great Turkey Day! We are in Pinetop for the weekend, and it is so beautiful. It snowed all day today, and Macey and Heidi were having the time of their lives making snow angels and catching snowflakes on their tongues. They would go play for a while, come in and warm up in front of the fire and take a warm bath, and then repeat the process. They did that all day. Marley, Ryan and Jenna enjoyed watching the snow fall from the window, but they weren't too interested in going out in it, which was fine with me because I am a huge wimp when it comes to cold weather.

Today I am thankful for so many things. My amazing husband, first of all. Not only is today Thanksgiving, but it is also the 10 year anniversary of the day we met. I never in a million years would have imagined that in 10 years from that night, we would have 5 kids! I am also so very thankful for my kids. Every one of them brings something different to my life, they are each so sweet and precious. I am so thankful that at Heidi's appointment with the surgeon yesterday, he didn't feel a mass. He ordered an ultrasound just to make sure, but the fact that he didn't feel anything is a very good thing and means that if there is something, it's not a tumor like our pediatrician was worried about.

But in true Jacobs fashion, there has to be some sort of health issue. This time it's my 2 men. Poor little Ryan's eardrum perforated a couple of days ago, so he is not feeling really well. And the day after my surgery, Scott got a cough that has progressively gotten worse over the last couple of weeks. He went to the doctor several days ago and they told him that he has bronchitis and viral pneumonia. They gave him several medications, but he has kept getting sicker and sicker. Today he started getting a fever and having a really hard time breathing, so we took him to the E.R., and his oxygen saturations were at 79%. They did a bunch of tests, an x-ray, and a CAT scan, but they still aren't sure what exactly is going on. They are thinking either pneumonia, a bacterial infection in his lungs, or valley fever. They admitted him into the hospital until they can figure out what is going on and get his oxygen saturations back up. He is on 12 liters of oxygen just to get him into the 90's. So we are stuck up here in Pinetop until they figure out what is going on, and then hopefully they will transfer him to a Phoenix hospital so that we can go home. Poor Scotty, he is so so sick. I have NEVER heard anyone cough harder than he has for the last couple of weeks.

We got some adorable pictures of Macey and Heidi playing in the snow, so I will upload those when we get home. I hope that everyone has a fabulous and relaxing weekend!

1 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

I am so sorry they are sick! I hope they feel better soon. Glad to hear he didn't feel a mass in her belly
Damiane