Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight at Midnight

We waited in line for 4 hours to see the premier of Twilight. Was it worth it? Oh yeah, baby. I was definitely hurting the next day, but I would do it again tonight! I was so impressed with the movie. It was so true to the book, and they fit almost everything in the 500 page book into a 2 hour movie. We went to Chandler Fashion Square, and they had 10 theaters showing Twilight at midnight. Every single one of those theaters was packed with die hard Twilight fans like us. It was fun to people-watch, some of those girls had the funniest homemade Twilight shirts on, like "Edward's a lover, not a biter", and stuff like that. I will definitely be seeing it in the theater several more times before it comes out on DVD, when I will buy it immediately. :)

On a more serious note, we need prayers for Heidi again. I took her to her annual check-up at the doctor yesterday, and our doctor found a mass in Heidi's abdomen. She isn't exactly sure what it could be, so she wanted her to get checked out by our pediatric surgeon as soon as possible. There is a chance that it is another hernia, but it is not in the normal spot for a hernia. We are going to the surgeon on Wednesday, so please keep sweet little Heidi in your prayers. Even if it is just another hernia, she will still have to have another surgery. I am about at the end of my rope. This year has been so hard, one medical thing after another. I am so scared, but I am trying to just be positive. I will let you know what the surgeon finds. I guess you could also pray that our family has a break from all of this stuff for a while, I think we have had our share.

4 comments:

bkbills said...

Shelley, I'm so sorry about your little one. There is nothing that hurts more than watching your child have to suffer. You will definutely be in my prayers. Can I do anything to help? I sure miss seeing you. please let me know if you need anything.

Momma Dianna said...

You are so funny! Twilight two times in three days? It was great to see you. You are so skinny...eat girl! Hope you are feeling better. Retail therapy and movies are the way to go!

Momma Dianna said...

You know that I was just kidding about the freak thing! At least you only waited for four hours. My 14 year old sister waited in line for 7 hours. Now she really is a freak!

Mandy said...

Oh my word! You aren't kidding when you say that you guys have had your share of medical crap! I am glad that the Dr. didn't feel a mass . . .