Sunday, November 30, 2008

Scott

Well, there really isn't much to update. His oxygen levels are still low. Yesterday they had him on 3 liters of oxygen, and his sats were around 92-93%. Today they had to bump him up to 6 liters, and his sats are staying around 87-88%. His pulse is around 100-110, which is still high but better than 130. We are still waiting for his bloodwork to come back. The test for Valley Fever should be back tomorrow. The doctor told us today though that most people who get Valley Fever don't get so sick so fast. So we feel like we are back at square one. If he isn't doing better tomorrow, they are going to biopsy his lungs. He is not looking forward to that, but it sure would be nice to have some idea of what he is fighting. The doctor also said that most patients with pneumonia, even patients that are in their 70's, if they even require hospitalization, are in and out of the hospital within 2 days. It just doesn't make any sense that a 30-year-old healthy man is having such a hard time keeping his oxygen levels up.

We have had so many people helping us and showing their love and support through all of this. My sister Summer and her family drove here from San Diego to stay with the kids, so I have been able to be with Scott all weekend. His mom and my mom have also been helping with the kids and the house. We have also had so many phone calls and some visits from Scott's friends and family, we feel really blessed to have such awesome people in our lives. Scott's friend Joe came by this morning and brought doughnuts and visited for a while. Thanks Joe, it was so nice to see you, and you made Scott's day.

I will get back on when we get a more clear answer to what is going on. Thanks again to everybody who has offered their services in any way. We couldn't do this without you!

6 comments:

andermom said...

I am having Scott put on the prayer chain at work. Thinking about you all and hoping the doctors come up with a good plan of action. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Be strong and hang in there. When it rains it pours. Wow!

Mandy said...

I am so sorry that you guys have yet another medical issue. My word! I will keep you guys in my prayers . . . I hope it gets figured out soon! I am in AZ right now, is there anything that I can do to help? Let me know!

jtguttman said...

Oh my goodness! How scary! I hope you get some answers soon. We'll be praying for Scott and a quick recovery. (mommymeg from TS)

Chelsea said...

i've been on vacation so i've been out of the loop. my hell you have a lot to deal with right now. you guys will be in my prayers.

Urban Gypsies said...

I hope you get some good news soon! Poor Scott...

Momma Dianna said...

Poor you guys! Is there any medical issue you guys haven't had this year? It's starting to get scary! I hope they figure out what's up with your hubby soon and he starts feeling better. Thank goodness for helpful people right? Keep us updated and we'll keep your fam in our prayers.