Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Something To Be Thankful For


It's almost Thanksgiving, and I have been thinking about the many things that I am thankful for. Today we received some news that made me realize just how many blessings I have and how thankful I am for my children. Heidi had her appointment at the pediatric cardiologist today to check her little heart defect. They did an echocardiogram (ultrasound of her heart), and they were able to give us the incredible news that the hole in Heidi's heart has closed! I started crying when they told us, I have been so nervous for this appointment. She still has an enlarged aorta, but it is not big enough to cause any problems as of now, so they will just keep their eye on it and see what it does. I said to Heidi, "I am so glad that the hole closed!" And she said, "It's because I talked to God." Wow. What an amazing little girl she is.
I also had my pre-op today (I was in the car all day long). My doctor and I decided that he will not only remove my cervix, but my ovaries as well. I don't want to go through anymore surgeries after this, so we figured as long as he was in there he would just do it all. I am excited to not have to deal with ovarian cysts every month, but I am not excited to be in immediate menopause. I am trying to decide if I am going to take hormone replacement therapy or not, there are positives and negatives either way. My surgery is on Tuesday, and I'm not sure how long I will be in the hospital, but I will update as soon as I can. There are many risks to this surgery since I have so many adhesions and tons of scar tissue, so please pray that everything goes smoothly.

8 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

You are such an inspiration. Life throws all things at you and yet you have such a wonderful outlook on things. I am giving you a standing ovation. I am so glad that her hole is closed too...she is too cute! Good luck on Tuesday with your surgery and keep us posted when you can!
Damiane'

Anonymous said...

Hang in there hun and I will for sure keep you in my prayers.

Love you,

Jeanette

Angie Giannotti said...

Great news about Heidi, what a relief for you guys! I will keep you in my prayers this week for a successful surgery and speedy recovery! Also congrats on the new addition to your family, Marley is adorable!

Caryn said...

Trust me that I know how BIG that hole closing on its own is. So congrats on that! We go to the cardiologist in a few weeks, and I dread it every time.

Good luck with your surgery, hopefully you can have a quick recovery.

Momma Dianna said...

I will pray for you Shelley! Gosh you are having so many problems for a girl so young! I thought your hysterectomy was bad enough at your young age! Are all these things happening from the aftermath of the twins or infertility? What's up with all the crap happening to you? Does your doc even know?

The Varo's said...

what a blessing! and you will for sure be in our prayers as you prepare for your surgery!

Kevin, Jenni and Conor said...

Good luck on Tuesday, Shelley. You have been through a whole lot, I can't imagine. We'll be thinking about you and looking for the update.

Mandy said...

Yikes, you will be in my thoughts and prayers . . . I hope everything goes great. Also, yeah for Heidi!! That is awesome!!