Friday, September 19, 2008

Poor Jake!

Jake had the hematomas on his ears drained today. He did really good during the procedure, but he did give the tech a fat lip. She was shaving his ears and it tickled, so he jumped a little and his big head hit her right in the mouth. She figured it was payback for having to cut his ears open. He weighed in at 32 pounds today, he was 28 pounds just last week! He has one of those big Elizabethan collars on and drains in his ears, so he is not too happy right now, but he is healthy and his ears look better already.

Scott got home safely from his hunting trip early Thursday morning. It is so good to have him home for so many different reasons. I am leaving early tomorrow morning to go to Long Beach with my friend Sharon. You know what I hate though? Even after having a hard week and a half with Scott gone, four sick kids, and everything else that's happening right now, I still feel guilty for leaving! I am really excited, but at the same time I hate leaving Scott and the kids. I guess that's just part of being a mom.

1 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

Poor Jake, those collars are no fun! I can't tell you how many times I was hit in the face by a dog shaking his head! I know you feel bad going away but I am sure you will have a good time and come back rested and relaxed!
Damiane'