Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dallas

I had an amazing trip to Dallas! I only wish that I could have stayed longer. It was so fun to see my dad and step-mom Karen. We went out to eat at the Galleria, did some shopping, stayed up way too late talking, and just had a very nice time together. My dad also took me to see the place where John F. Kennedy was assassinated. It was really interesting to see that after learning about it in school. Also, one of the huge perks of having a dad who is a captain for American Airlines is being able to sit in First Class. Thanks Dad! There is no other way to travel, now I have been spoiled. The bad thing about the trip is that now I want to move to Dallas even more than I did before! I have wanted to move there for years, but obviously our life is in Phoenix. I told Scott that I WILL own a second home in Dallas one day. :)

Aside from having a great time, I also had the most embarrassing moment of my life. As embarrassing as it was, it is also hilarious enough that I have to share. Shaquille O'Neil was on my flight from Phoenix to Dallas. When I was boarding the plane, I was standing in First Class waiting for everyone to sit down so that I could get to my seat and sit down. I was standing right next to Shaquille O'Neil, he was on the aisle seat in the very first row. I looked over at him and he was smiling at me, so I smiled back. He said, "How are you doing?" I said, "I'm good, how are you?" And then he said, "I'm better now." I was kinda grinning and feeling pretty good about myself (you would too if a basketball star had just said that to you). The people in front of me started walking, so I took a step forward. I was carrying my carry-on bag in front of me, so I couldn't see the rolling suitcase that was being pulled by the girl in front of me. So as I took a step forward, I tripped on her bag and fell right on the floor. In front of the whole plane. Shaquille O'Neil tried to catch my fall, but he was too late. So I'm sitting there on the floor wanting to die, and I look at him and say, "Aren't you supposed to have better reflexes than that?" He just kinda laughed, but I wanted to hide under a rock. And I have a bruise on my foot where I kicked the suitcase. Only me.

My step-mom Karen and me

My sister Lisa, my dad, and me

The building where Oswald shot Kennedy from

The Grassy Knoll

6 comments:

jtguttman said...

How funny! That is a great story! When the kids are older you can just shorten it to, "I met Shaq". You'll be Ryan's hero!

Arjun and Indira said...

OMG, sorry you hurt your foot but I had to laugh. Glad you had a good time with your family.
Damiane'

Anonymous said...

Karen is really pretty. It is nice to see my new sis-in-law. I am glad that you had fun and I will go and do my tagged thingy majiggy.

Chelsea said...

LOLLLL That is just too funny.

Wooden's said...

you lucky lucky girl away for the weekend, we still need to go out sometime...

Jaclyn said...

I heart Dallas. If you liked the Galleria, then I'll show you a *really* good time at the Northpark Mall. Neimans, Barneys, etc. I LOVE Dallas and hope I never move from the Big D. Great story!